This past weekend, the sisters in the northern California area came together for a consultant training class, potluck, and individual photo shoots. While I'm far from ready to take any SL class yet, I did enjoy my own little personal sex kitten supermodel moment when I had my photo shoot.Once you have Sisterlocks, you hear about the disease...you know the "hanzenthehairitis", "whitegirlatoma", and "slapurgia", but no one told me that I would need to go to rehab for a "phototectomy" (my definition of needing to be pulled away from the camera). Before I got my locks, I thoroughly enjoyed being behind the camera taking pictures and I still do enjoy it, but now I have this thing where I like to be in front of the camera as well! I had a lot of fun doing different poses in different settings, and our photographer, John, was spectacular! He will be at the SL Homecoming in July so start planning your poses now....
I also got to meet and speak with Dr. JoAnne Cornwell...our SL mother, motivator, and friend. It was so exciting to meet her and for her to tell me that she loved my hair!!! Super Kudos to Wendy and hey, congrats to me for working the Caruso curlers! ha ha I think what was most valuable was to hear from the real source of it all, exactly what things should or shouldn't be done with my hair. It was a great compliment to Wendy that not only did Dr. C. think my hair looked very nice, but also that every instruction that Wendy has given me is exactly as Dr. C. said in answer to questions that I and everyone else proposed.In looking at all of the beautiful locks around the room, no two heads looked alike, but there were a few common bonds...everyone embraced each other as family and friends. I didn't see anyone giving the infamous scan up and down on anybody with the tell-tale, "who did it and what for" face. Second, everyone exuded self-confidence and took pride in how they carried themselves. There was an air of class and elegance from one end of the room to the other, and third, sistah's know how to cook!!
I'm excited to be a part of this warm and growing community and can't wait to see everyone again in San Diego for Homecoming. See you there!!Special thanks to...
Dr. C.
Wendy
Chloe
(for doing my makeup)
Sandy and Carolyn
(for helping to choose my jewelry)
and of course John
(for taking such spectacular pictures!!)

Here I am with Wendy and Alicia (aka Chocolata)
A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves
and very much not ourselves
- a special kind of double.
~Toni Morrison




7 comments:
You really took some beautiful photos and you hair looks great! It looks like you had a wonderful time!
I really did have fun. Check this out....the photographer was from Jamaica but had an accent that didn't sound like typical Jamaican, but he kept asking me if I was sure that I was born in the states b/c he said that it sounds like I have an island accent!!! It's starting....I'm being converted into a real TRINI!!!
Your hair is looking great and the photos are wonderful. I looks like you had such fun. By the way....where did you get those cheekbones? They are beautiful. Wish I had 'em.
hey alise!!
The cheekbones came directly from Mom. As I looked at my pictures, I realized how I am the spitting image of her.
You guys look like you had a ball and the pics look great!! You met Dr. C? Wow!!! Her hair looks amazing! Not realistic for me but still amazing none the less.
Sounds like you had a very fun and nice experience in Cali.
Lovely pics!!!!
Post a Comment