Sometimes I wonder if or how many people are actually reading my blog and without receiving comments I never really know. I'm delighted to do this post for quietspirit who let me know that she enjoyed reading about my cross country trip from Northern California to Southern Mississippi. There was only one request, that I do a post that includes all of the maps from each day's journey. Well here you go quietspirit, this one's for you!!!
A Recap:
Day One: Walnut Creek, CA to Blythe, CA

Day Two: Blythe, CA to El Paso, TX

Day Three: El Paso, TX to San Antonio, TX

Day Four: San Antonio, TX to Southern Mississippi

And here's a view of the whole trip:

Whew!! It makes me tired all over again just looking at it!! I started back to a very EARLY workday today but it was a great day because I awoke to absolutely no boxes left to unpack! I'm nestling in and depending heavily on my GPS (and the boyfriend) to get me where I need to go.




4 comments:
Thank you so much for the lovely maps! I just love maps. I've been in most of the states you went through except for your final destination. Being from the north (LOL) I've always had this hesitation to go Mississippi. (BTW PA is one of the most heavily populated klan states north of the mason-dixon line.) I wish you all the best in your new home
That is one long drive! You must have had a good night's sleep after finally getting to your destination. Glad to hear you made it safely and with no mishaps.
Wow! Never knew that about PA, but I sure ran into my fair share of klansmen or wannabes anyway in CT and Westchester, NY.
One of my corporate managers (a brother) was in town this week and he's from Louisiana and we talked and he reminded me "off the record" that I'm in the deep south now and that I'm in the home of "the good ole boys" so realize that I may not get the level of respect that I'm used to but not to take things too personally.
I love reading your blog and was right there with you on your drive from California to Mississippi. Be patient with us who do not post comments but know we are here. Keep posting and I'll certainly keep reading (with an occasional comment).
Post a Comment