Ahhh...I'm finally in my new home. I decided to be a road warrior yesterday and finish the trip in 4 days. I'd scheduled my time so that my last 2 days would be light leaving me only 3 hours on that 5th day (today). I felt good yesterday and decided that I wanted to sleep in my own bed and unload the car only one last time! I must have caught that second wind because I got through the day feeling good and satisfied in my new place.
The unpacking and nesting has begun but I'm already almost done! It's off to work on Monday so the voyage has definitely come to an end.
Hey hey to any Louisiana and Mississippi locked sisters out there!! I know that my hair is going to love the humidity here, and it's so wonderful to know that I never have to worry about "sweatin' my hair out"! Wasn't that funny back in the day??
This move will hopefully be a new start for me in more ways than one. I'm hoping to get a better handle on my physical health....yes, I'm going to say it...I need to get my weight under control. While I know that men say that they like a woman with a little meat on her bones, somehow I think they mean just a ribeye and I've grown into being a porterhouse steak!! ha ha
I saw my boyfriend for awhile tonight and I have to admit that things didn't go as I'd hoped. I think sometimes that absence makes the heart grow fonder, but at other times absence makes the heart grow wiser. I've been making a lot of changes in my life lately; learning more about myself and even loving myself even more. I want be be a good woman to a good man. When those closest to you aren't growing along with you in the relationship then of course the relationship changes. This is my first serious, "long" relationship at 2 years and counting so this is a learning process for me. I'm learning alot about how men and women are so very different but right now I'm pondering when is that difference too great. At what point do you know the difference between a man just "being a man" and where the real man starts? Anyway, that's my current dilemma.
Years ago, if I thought about possibly facing the end of a relationship I would be crushed and fear the loneliness of it all but I'm much stronger now. I know how to depend on God and that it can be nice to be alone and spend time with myself and with God. I don't fear loneliness because as many married friends have told me, you can be married or in a great relationship and still be lonely. I'm somewhat confused and I think that I have a decision to make.
A question to all of you...what's your experience been in this area? Where do you draw the line of what things are just men being men vs. someone just not having the right tools to keep the relationship moving in a forward direction? I'd love to hear your voice on this one!!
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Girl, I haven't checked my Bloglines like I should and you've been a busy bee lol. I'm glad that you, Sydney, and Sammy reached your new home safely.
Now on to men... I used to be guilty of staying in relationships too long because I would feel like I was failing to make the relationship work. Never mind the fact that I knew full well that it takes two to make a relationship work.
My new philosophy is that I have to listen to my intuition (it actually hasn't been wrong yet). If I consistently feel that something is bugging me about a relationship, I've spoken to my SO about it, and it's still not resolved to my satisfaction... then it's time for to A) decide that I will live with it or B) move on.
Another thing that resonates with me is something that Tyler Perry said.. he said that we try so hard to hold on to things sometimes that God is really trying to pull us apart from so that He can send us our true blessings.
I just realized that my post sounds like it's pro-dumping Mr. Man but that's not it at all lol. Have you spoke to him about the issue(s) that you are having? If so, what was his response and has he been working with you to resolve it? Having both parties be concerned enough to work together to address issues is usually the biggest indication of whether a relationship is worth holding on to. Once one person stops working at it, it's almost certainly a done deal.
I am so glad that you, sammie and sydney made it to Mississippi in good shape! I was worried about you during your drive.
So sorry that your reunion didn't go as planned. Your question is a tough one to answer. I have been in relationships before and found myself to be lonely. For me it isn't about a man being a man vs not having the tools. It is all about what am I willing to put up with. Be glad that your sole purpose in moving wasn't just to be with him.
Good luck and enjoy all that Miss and the neighboring states have to offer!
s0therngirl - I value your advice and don't think you're male-bashing at all because you're so very right! Like many women I feel that my bf doesn't really listen to me but every woman I know says that men don't listen!
I know in my heart of hearts that he is a good man that does love me BUT as I told him last night, he just doesn't have a clue when it comes to listening to women and what we really want. He told me today that I have to spell it out to him like he's an idiot so I guess that's what I'll have to do.
When I approach an issue with him, he gets upset and feels like I'm making mountains out of mole hills but the small things lay the ground work for the big things in my opinion.
He can be extremely romantic at times and make me feel like the luckiest woman on earth. Other times I'm ready to kick him to the curb and keep on going. My instinct on this one is confused.
salty - you're so sweet. Thanks for worrying about us on the road. I got really lucky as the weather was perfect, no rain at all just a bit windy.
On the man thing, I don't know that I'll ever move anywhere with the sole purpose of being with a man because to me that's a recipe for disaster. I wish that somehow I could get my feelings across to him without him being so defensive and unwilling to listen.
I'll definitely be enjoying neighboring states because there isn't much here in the Biloxi area other than casinos. I value my hard earned dollars so I don't think I'll be spending much time there. ha ha
Glad read that you've made it to your destination. Reading your travel logs gave me that itchy feeling to hit the road. I miss your maps. I really loved maps and kept looking for new ones outlining your trip. Maybe now that you're there you can do a full journey map post.
I can't give you much advice on relationships other than communication. Men do not think the same as we do and you have to spell things out. But communication is also 2-way.
Post a Comment