This is a picture of me with my natural hair just washed and conditioned before I got my Sisterlocks. The picture below was taken about 2 days after my install.
This next picture below is of my locks at 1 month followed by a picture of my locks at about 3 months.

I'm really starting to notice the difference in length of my hair as I feel it creeping below my ears. The crown of my head has started to stick up as it prepares to descend down the back of my head as well. I'm still very pleased with my locks and I love seeing the difference in how my hair feels as it's growing.
This truly is a process and it's one where I look forward to each stage that comes along. The time has gone by so quickly and I can't believe that I'm already this far in. I'm excited to see what the next six months will bring. I'm having less slippage at my hairline but I pray that my hair will really begin to settle and start the locking process soon.









18 comments:
Your hair has filled out and growing nicely - that's the beauty of Sisterlocks. I like the necklace in the third picture. Is it handmade?
Yes, your hair is moving along nicely. It won't be long before you have hair down to there.
Wow,
What a transformation in 6 1/2 months. Isn't it wonderful? Your 1 year locversary will be upon you before you know it. I look forward to see that update as well.
I have really enjoyed your site. Congrats on your 6 mos. I am at the 16 month point. Enjoy the journey. I look forward to the updates too!
Your hair grows pretty fast! I can even see a difference between your install and 1 month picture.
Thanks everybody! I'm pretty excited about all of the changes that I'm seeing too.
Carmen - I'm not sure if the necklace is handmade or not. I bought it in Tobago on one of my mission trips. The earrings and necklace in the last two pictures are handmade though. They're made from silver, lapis, and opal and were made by the Navajo in Gallup, New Mexico. I bought them in Albuquerque.
Congrats on your 6 month journey!
I have been following your journey from the very beginning..just could never remnber my password so I could leave a comment. You are an amazing person and your strength is inspiring. Your locks were awesome from the beginning..I can't believe it has already been 6months. You look great! Keep taking pictures and blogging about whats going on! Marianne
How lovely.... your hair is maturing beautifully =)
You're are looking great!!
You're very adventurous and I like that. While others are dreaming about going and doing stuff, you're actually doing it.Your hair is cool too.Great to see the progression.I'm 5mths in, so it's good to see what to expect.
(Ofo)
Very cute! and you have great skin too!
Girl, you're locks are gettin some hang time. Go head! I glad you made it safely across country. I like you relocated 2 years ago from Texas to Maryland. I'm thinkin of packin up and movin somewhere this summer. I've never lived on the west coast though but I hope you are likin life in the south. It's slower yes, but you can't beat our southern customs.
Thanks again to all of you!! The time has flown by and it seems like just yesterday that I was excited and waiting to get my locks.
Valenciajaz - the west coast is very beautiful and the mountains are surely a sight to see. It sure is expensive out there though, whew!
Hey E,
Your locks are looking fantastic! Can you believe it's already been 6 1/2 months?!!! Keep on blogging like you do and documenting your journey. I promise, it only gets better with time. Blessings...
What a transformation!
Your hair appears to grow pretty fast too.
Am starting the journey again in 23days time....so watch this space!!!
I am so pleased with the progression of your locs! And might I add that you wear them very well. What big changes the months can bring and your hair is progressing beautifully!
Your hair looks fantastic! I love before and after shots.
Post a Comment