Where In The World Are You??

Monday, July 7, 2008

A Little Bit Of Somethin' And A Little Bit Of Nuthin'

I realized that I haven't really blogged much lately and I guess it's because there is not much to do down here in the bayou. I'm sure that I'll have PLENTY of pictures and memories to share soon though because I leave for Homecoming in a short 10 days! Whoo hoo!! In the meantime, here are a few pictures of things that I've been up to lately.

Here is a picture of me at the Chalmette Battlefield in Louisiana. The area doesn't have much to see but there is a rich history there telling the story of the battles of the War of 1812 and the various groups of men that fought in it. Here I am sitting on the steps of the monument and next to it a picture that gives you perspective on how tall it really is with me sitting there.


Taking a walk down Bourbon Street in New Orleans, I found this t-shirt to be pretty interesting.


On the 4th of July, my boyfriend and I decided to spend the evening watching the sunset from the beach on the gulf coast. We took Sydney with us and boy was it a treat. My bf buried his legs in the sand and Sydney decided that she would dig him out!

On a recent road trip to Atlanta, Sydney snuggled into her car seat for a nice long nap.


A few months ago before I moved here, my mom and I paid a visit to the aquarium in Monterey Bay, CA. The penguins were interesting to watch being the biology nerd that I am. In this first picture, the penguins all assembled in a line to listen to the calls of the one penguin standing at the top, as if they were having church or some really important meeting. After that, several of them broke off into pairs and began the business of penguin lovemaking as you can see in the second picture. Shame on me for taking the picture right?


There were several different types of jellyfish there too and these are just a couple of them.

One of my hobbies is putting together jigsaw puzzles. These are pictures of my most recent challenge, a black and white photomosaic puzzle of Marilyn Monroe. The puzzle has 1,026 pieces all of which have mini pictures of her. All of the mini pictures come together to make one large picture. This one took me a few months to finish and it's probably the hardest puzzle that I've ever done!


When I finish my puzzles I do glue them together with a special puzzle glue and frame them. I couldn't imagine actually breaking this one apart after she was done.

Well, I guess I've been up to a little bit of somethin' and a little bit of nuthin' but now you know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pleasure to see Sydney, she looks so cute in her car seat. I know fun was had at the beach.

Sounds like you've been having fun to me.

CardioBunny said...

Love the pic of Sydney in her carseat. And the jellyfish are so cool!

Amina said...

Hot penguin love, hunh? Wow. I would have never finished that puzzle. Ever. It would have gotten covered in dust while only the upper corner of her mouth and the mole were finished :p. The jellyfish are extremely cool! I'm going to the beach tomorrow, seeing that makes me excited!

muslimahlocs said...

great to meet you at the homecoming. i will be checking back for your posts @ same.