Where In The World Are You??

Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Quick Update In Month Nine

I can't believe it but I'm already in month 9 of having my Sisterlocks. This picture is from my Homecoming Photo Shoot at 7 1/2 months and I would say that my hair hasn't changed much since that time.

I did take the retightening class and have successfully retightened my hair once so far. It's easier than I expected and I have to say that I did a darn good job if I say so myself.

I'm still living down in the Mississippi bayou and did evacuate to Georgia for Hurricane Gustav but I'm glad to say that I had no damage at home and it was as if the storm never came through.

I finally ended the bf relationship and I'm completely okay with my decision. I realized that just because time has been invested in a relationship, it doesn't mean that you have to try to tough it out with something that's just not meant to be. I'm thankful that I spent the time because I learned things about myself, about what I'm really looking to find, and most especially tools that I needed to learn to have a successful relationship in the future.

I guess that's about it. My hair is progressing along very well and I'm seeing signs of some of my ends sealing and a few buds that are showing signs of locks beginning to form. I still have a long way to go and it's been hard to be patient because I'm ready for my locks to thin out some instead of being so puffy and fuzzy. I keep reminding myself that it's a journey and that although it's taking a considerable amount of time to settle in and lock due to my looser curl pattern, it won't be long before I see the changes at one year and beyond. I notice that my hair is growing to be fuller moreso than length and that's what I expected. It's encouraging to see the little budded ends that I'm seeing now and I know that the best is yet to come.


10 comments:

CardioBunny said...

Hey girl, glad to hear that everything is going well. Your pictures are gorgeous!

CarmenNC said...

I like the hair piece you are wearing. You look marvelous.

Khandi said...

Loving your bottom pic. So natural & beautiful. True Nubian Queen

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Nice pictures! Can't believe it's been 9 months already!

dollhouse9 said...

Your hair looks great. I love the fullness and it looks very versatile. It's very inspiring.

Quietspirit said...

Great pictures! Your locks are looking quite lovely. Glad to hear you were untouched by the storm

luvlockd said...

hey there! you've been tagged! please see my blog for more info...

NappiNish said...

Those pictures are gorgeous !

brunsli said...

You look very pretty!!

Vixen said...

Thanks everybody! I encourage all of you to do one of the Sisterlocks photo shoots if they come somewhere near you. It's alot of fun and you get to play supermodel.

My hair is out of control right now, growing fuller every day it seems but it's exciting!!