My one year mark has finally come!! December 1st and 2nd marked my true One Year Lockversary!!! The year has flown by and I'm glad to have been able to blog my progress along the way.Life hasn't changed much for me in the last few months. I've moved from Mississippi to South Carolina and will be on the move again at the end of January.
I'm happy to be spending Christmas with my BF this year in cold NYC. The city is so beautiful this time of year. We spent about 6-7 weeks apart then finally reconciled in mid October. We've been talking so much more openly now and while we've learned how to change our relationship to be more open and mature, I've learned many things about myself and my own insecurities. I'm realizing that there are issues from my past that have a profound effect on my today and I somehow have to learn to work through those issues as they surface so that they won't continue to be problems in the future. (And yes, the beautiful flowers and mosaic vase are from him!)
My hair has grown like a weed and I'm glad to have found a consultant in North Carolina to take care of my retightenings. Although I took the retightening class, it was never my desire to retighten my own hair on a regular basis. I had to learn how to do it myself though because with all of my travels, I'm sometimes in an area where there are no consultants available. In these pictures I've curled my hair on plain foam sponge rollers spritzing with a little water along the way. I like to call this my curly fries look! ha ha! I have to say that of all the curling methods I've tried, I find that these good old fashioned rollers maintain my curls longer than any other. I can get nearly a week of curls without having to do any touching up as long as I'm able to keep my hair dry.
Happy Holidays!!
Below are more pictures of the progression of my hair over the last year.
Before Sisterlocks

The first day after my 18 hour install
My Sisterlocks at 6 months

And today, Christmas Eve, 2008
My Sisterlocks at One Full Year



Accessorized with a Tomoka's Twist and matching earrings








9 comments:
OMG, first congratulations on your first year! That's the Betty Davis set that you have. I launched that one December 10, 2007 and it quickly sold out. I can't believe you kept it all that time. Aww, I am so hyped about this. Thank you for sharing.
Congratulations! Your hair is so full and pretty. Didn't that year fly by?
Your hair looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Happy lockversary! You look radiant in your latest pictures.
Happy Lockversary!!!
Happy 1 Year! YOur locks look great, and I love those TT's!
Your hair looks wonderful and that TT suits you to a "T"! Yuk...Yuk
The thickness of our one-year locs are amazing! I can only imagine how lovely they look now! Update us when you can, Sis.
congratulations...beautiful!
Post a Comment