Just an update on Trinidad....the surgeon that is sponsoring the trip spoke with my upper level management and let them know that he was adamant about me accompanying him on the mission trip to Trinidad this coming January. My managers had no real choice but to accept his decision although I hear that for the local manager it was a really tough pill to swallow.
I'm very thankful to have the support and confidence of my surgeon/friend and I have to admit that it feels so good to have someone that truly appreciates all that I do and stands up for me when others want to keep me contained under the glass ceiling. Now, I have to pray that God will forgive me and keep me from the temptation to secretly gloat about the whole situation!!
On another note....I have test locks in right now as I prepare for my Sisterlocks installation in two weeks. I had a desperate need to wash my hair so I carefully washed it without scratching my scalp, but then I made a stupid error....I put conditioner on my hair. In order to keep the test locks I'd already made the decision to just wear a wash and go but because of the natural spirals of my hair, I CAN'T FIND THE TEST LOCKS!!!! I shamefully emailed my consultant and thankfully, she told me not to worry as they probably have just slipped and are most likely not out completely. She also reminded me that she will have to pick them out anyway before she installs my locks so I breathed a sigh of relief. I can't wait til I have my locks in because then I can throw away these other products completely in favor of only those things that will be okay to use with my locks. Wow, and I thought that getting the Big Chop and getting rid of my blow dryer and curling irons 5 years ago was freeing!!!
Tuesday, November 20, 2007
The Politics of Jealousy Part Two
Labels:
bad hair,
consultant,
going natural,
politics,
sisterlocks,
the big chop,
the journey,
transitioning,
trinidad,
workplace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
You earned it!
You say that as if there's something wrong with secretly gloating. ;)
It sounds like you're getting what you deserve, and it's understandable that you're proud. It's just classy of you not to rub their noses in it.
By the way, your photos of the fog/clouds are wonderful!
Post a Comment