Where In The World Are You??

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Coming Up To A Fantastic Voyage...

Life has been busier than busy lately as I'm finishing up all of my work in California and trying to get packed up to head down to Mississippi. I'm driving down but luckily I'll be more comfortable and hopefully safer in my brand new 2008 Hyundai Tucson!! Yahoo!! I never realized how attached I was to my old car but when I traded it in I was enlightened to what the car represented for me.

My old car, a 1998 Ford Escort was a car that I got in 2003 during a time when my life was in serious turmoil and I was just starting to claw my way out of a deep hole. That car has been with me as I've reestablished myself, but also has traveled thousands and thousands of miles across the United States. It was a special blessing...one that I'll never forget. Sounds silly but I actually cried when I gave it up.

I'm loving the new car though and planning to take off on my next fantastic voyage sometime this weekend. It will take a good 5 days of driving plus I might take a day of rest somewhere in the middle where I don't drive at all. Most people think that I'm nuts for driving cross country but I've actually gotten used to it now. It's an awesome time of peace and a great opportunity to spend real time with God. This country is absolutely beautiful and the cross country highways offer the best view of the amazing mountains. I could do without states like Nebraska where there's nothing but miles and miles of dead grass on the side of the road, but luckily I won't have to pass through there any time soon. My route will take me from California to Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, then finally Mississippi.

I'm hoping to blog along the way from each of my stops....so get ready and we'll travel together!

Update: I had a scratch test done to try to figure out the source of my allergic reaction. The doc and I are suspecting the avocado in the guacamole but I had a negative result on both the scratch test and blood test. Tomorrow, I am scheduled for an oral challenge. Basically I go into the office with an empty stomach, stuff my face with pure avocado, then see if I turn into an itchy beast with hives again. Both my doctor and I are pretty frustrated that we can't seem to find the source of the reaction so far, and I have to admit that as much as I don't want to go through the itching again, I kind of hope that I get a reaction tomorrow just so that I know for sure what to avoid in the future.

And a bit of good news....I've already got a May retightening appointment with a Sisterlocks trainee in New Orleans. She sounds great over the phone but I have to admit that she has really big shoes to fill.

4 comments:

Lakia said...

Sounds exciting to travel across country. (I never left the east coast). Well you have your adventure ahead of you. Can't wait to see pics!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I am glad that it's you and not me driving X country, I have done that more than once and at my age loooong road trips take a toll!

You are right the country is beautiful especially the southern route. Be careful and don't over exhaust yourself.

Have a Great drive and keep us posted so that wee know you made it there safely!

Allecia said...

I've done the drive from CT to AZ twice but never alone and never leisurely-- both times were 3 day trips. I hear that southern route is beautiful though and what a great time of year to just be by yourself on the open road. Drive safely!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! 5 Days of driving?! I bow down to you!!