Where In The World Are You??

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh The Places We'll Go: Day 3 And Safely In San Antonio

Oof!! Today was a long day and the last hour and a half or so were difficult. My third day of travel is when the trip starts to wear on me a little bit. Everything went smoothly with the drive today though.

The landscape across Texas was much like that in Wyoming and Nevada. There are hilly mountains and desert grasses. I marvel at how the mountains are formed and wonder how in the world they built a road through there! There was a pass that I ventured through today where the road separated the mountain in such a way that the mountain looked like a loaf of bread sliced in half. It really was quite something. I saw signs for the International Border and Juarez and wanted so bad to cross the border and come right back just to say that I set foot in Mexico as I haven't been there before. I didn't have my passport with me though and somehow I think the pets might have created a problem with that. It was a fun idea though.

A few other tips for people traveling with pets....almost every one of the La Quinta hotels allow pets with no additional charge!! Not only that, many of their hotels are pretty new as the chain has been rapidly expanding.

Second, if you travel regularly and are a member of one of the airlines' frequent flyer programs, La Quinta and lots of other hotels allow you to earn frequent flyer miles for your stay. Check on the website of your airline under the "Partners" section and there's usually a list of hotels and car rental companies that offer miles. Some hotels offer 1 mile per dollar on the room rate only (before hotel taxes and fees) while others offer a blanket flat amount of miles per stay. The ones offering a flat amount are great because that amount is usually equal to more than the number of miles you would get on a mile per dollar program. Wow, should I start my own travel agency or what? ha ha

Well, my "kidz" and I are snuggled into our hotel for the night, and the bed is calling my name. Believe me when I say that I'm calling for the bed myself. Check in with me tomorrow for a look at where we've been and a recap of tomorrow's drive. Nite nite!

No comments: