Where In The World Are You??

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Memories of Christmas Past...

My holiday pictures of the kidz and I have finally arrived!!


I must say that I love the season of Christmas. I love those sleigh bells ring-a-ling, ring ting ting-a-ling too. I love the music, the decorations, the hustle and bustle, and of course the anticipation of the holiday.


Tree

I remember a Christmas Eve a long, long time ago when I had to get up to tinkle in the middle of the night. I'd already been warned that I better get off to bed and off to sleep or Santa wouldn't stop by or leave any gifts for me. I tiptoed downstairs to the bathroom with absolute fear that I'd be seen.

While in the bathroom though, something magical happened. I heard footsteps and a jingle right outside the bathroom door!!! I was sure...I was positive that Santa Claus was in my house at that moment. When I didn't hear any more sounds, I bolted up the stairs and jumped into bed, burying my whole body including my head under the covers. I prayed to God that Santa didn't see me.

3D Santa

The next morning I was ecstatic to see that Santa had left me all of the Barbie dolls and other presents that I had asked him for. Aaahhh yes, the days of Christmas past. It was a happy time, and it wasn't until years later that I realized that the footsteps and jingling that I heard were those of my mother and stepfather, with keys jingling in hand, coming in from bringing Christmas gifts from their hiding place in the trunk of the car!! What can I say, I was a gullible child, but that is to this day, my most memorable Christmas moment.

My baby locks are about 2 weeks old now. I did my first wash with the Sisterlocks Starter Shampoo last weekend and noticed very little slippage. I think that I may really need to get a life though, because for now, my Friday night ritual is to braid and band so that I can wash on Saturday (or Sunday if I'm really lazy). I'm thinking about trying out my Carusos after washing this weekend. I feel like my locks are as fragile as a newborn child sometimes, so I'm afraid to do very much with them other than just spritzing with water and giving a little fluff to get rid of the morning "bed head".

Present

Anyway, with Christmas just days away I'd love to hear what are your favorite Christmas memories?


9 comments:

Goodnapps said...

Beautiful photo. Happy Holidays indeed!

Maryee said...

Beautiful Holiday photo! You are just gonna love this journey!!!! Merry Christmas!!!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Look at those cute babies,( the kids not your hair)! How did you get Sydney to sit so quietly??

My favorite Christmas memory was when my father and brother's god-father threw rocks on the roof, when they knew the 4 us us were awake, to let us know Santa was coming! The 4 of us, in the same bed hid under the covers hoping not to be noticed.

I know the fragile baby loc thing, my retightening took 6 1/2 hours last night because so many had come out due to my rough handling over the last few weeks.

Ms Stella said...

You all look very festive!

I remember spending Christmas at my grandmothers house. She had one of those silver metal trees that she adorned with simple red ornaments. Every year she gave us all a new bath robe. She's been gone for many years now but I will always remember Christmas with grandmother.

Alise M. said...

I didn't have to think about what my favorite X-mas memory was. I remember being 5 and waking up to 5 bicycles and 2 tricycles for the seven of us 8 eight children (my youngest sibling was only 6 months old at the time). Talk about Santa working overtime.

You and your furry children look fabulous. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Anonymous said...

WELCOME!!! to the lock family. :)

Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Holiday photo is great!Let's explore together if you have a minute I live in the area!

Sogolocs said...

Your picture is just to die for. Your babies sit so nicely. I will try to get a picture with my two silly dogs. They are always fighting so it will have to be an action photo. You look fabulous.

brunsli said...

Merry Christmas!

I love the photo! Only now my furry kids want to know why we don't get Christmas photos taken too.