On January 19th, 2008, I will be returning with Dr. Vincent Arlet, and a team of medical workers from the University of Virginia, to The Princess Elizabeth Centre for Physically Handicapped Children in Trinidad. I am very excited about the opportunity to see the children again, and most of all, to be able to help them with resources that are not available to them at their home.
I WOULD BE SO HONORED TO HAVE YOUR HELP!!!! I am trying to collect donations that I can take with us directly to the Centre. While they ask for so little, we'd still like to be able to give these children and those who care for them some items that will brighten their day. The age range for the children is about 5 and above and they are in need of recreational items such as interactive games. They do have a DVD player that was given to them, so DVD's are appropriate and the girls loooooove Hannah Montana. We'd also like to offer them simple household resources like towels, toothbrushes, sheets, etc. (things that don't have to be replenished immediately). And of course, monetary donations are ALWAYS welcome.
If you are interested in helping, please view my profile and click on the link in the Contact section to Email me. Please list "Trinidad Mission" in the subject line of your email so that I can easily distinguish you from spam. I'm hopeful that we can make the children's smiles even brighter and I will be sure to post pictures so that you can see how your donations are being utilized. If you would like to send a card to let the kids know you care, please email me as well, as I'm sure that they will be very excited to know that someone in America cares and is thinking of them.
The pictures above are ones that I took on our last trip in July, 2007. CLICK HERE for a link to a story written by the Trinidad newspaper regarding our mission.
And you can read the story of Sherry, a woman who describes her experience growing up at The Princess Elizabeth Centre.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Hi. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind words. It's so nice to meet someone else from the Caribbean. Continue to do the great work that you've been doing. You're making a positive difference.
Post a Comment