Where In The World Are You??

Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Locks, My Locks, My Lovely Lady Locks....

Yahoo!!!

My installation days have finally come, and after about 18 hours, finally gone!! What an incredible experience! My consultant, Wendy Irvin, is a true gem. I remembered movies like "Beauty Shop" as I sat in her chair and we swapped stories on life as her fingers worked their way through my hair. I feel like not only have I gained a Sisterlocks consultant, but also a friend.

After putting my locks in, Wendy pulled them into two-strand twists and told me that I could take them down when I got home tonight or tomorrow morning. Of course I wasn't going to wait until tomorrow, so after arriving home and resisting the urge to inspect and touch them for awhile, I gently removed the rubber bands and separated my locks...spritzed with a little water and voila!!! Click on the link below for more pictures from my installation. What do you think? Am I lovely and lockalicious or what?




Without further adieu, CLICK HERE for a showcase of my new lovely lady locks....


THANK YOU WENDY!!!

9 comments:

Ms Stella said...

Another beautiful head of curly locks!

I've never known anyone to twist and band after an install but that's kind of cool. Now you know how to braid and band when shampooing. I wouldn't have been able to wait long to take the bands off and play in my hair either. Congrats!

Vixen said...

Thanks! You're right, I think having the twists done was helpful exactly for knowing how to braid and band. I'm keeping my hands out of my hair b/c I feel like my baby locks are just as fragile as a newborn baby, but that doesn't keep me out of the mirror!! :0)

Mzcka said...

Helloooo....and welcome to the world of true hair freedom. I say this to just about every 1 who get's SL'd. But it's the truth, you will experience nothing but hair freedom. So rock your locs and be proud.

Anonymous said...

Wow, very pretty and your locks are so nicely coiled on the ends. Congratulations!

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Now you know how to b & b before washing! I play in my hair a lot too and am in the mirror!

Love th progression of your blog!

Alise M. said...

You look sooooooo happy with your locks. After reading your story so far it's looks as if your journey will be a walk in the park compared to some. You've already been comfortable with natural hair so this is just the icing on the cake. I'll be stopping by to check on your progress from time to time so please keep on blogging. BTW.......your consultant did a wonderful on your locks and you are wearing them fabulously.

brunsli said...

Congratulations!

Oooh, this is so exciting! I'm glad you like them, and you look great.

I have heard wonderful things about Wendy - when I moved to the Bay, she wasn't taking new clients, so I have never met her. It's great that she is now, and you have an experienced hairdresser to take good care of you.

Anonymous said...

What a strong head of hair? Treating your locks with tender loving care is natural...it took me about a week to feel comfortable enough to enjoy playing with my hair. They appear so beautiful and fragile. You look so happy; I bet they feel great!
Enjoy :-)
'Chelle E

Maryee said...

Welcome to the family! Your Photobucket widget is nice! Your locks are lovely!!!!!!